Tuesday, June 9, 2009

SELF-INFLICTED WOUNDS...

http://web.mac.com/videopalitalia/iWeb/Site/Photos.html

NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD PEOPLE TO COME TO THE AID OF THEIR COUNTRY!

A Victim No More:
How to Break Free
from Self-Judgement

by Lori Rekowski
with Tim Miejan

Book Available Now

Order a copy of A Victim No More, available now from your local bookstore or online:
A Victim No More: How to Break Free from Self-Judgement

Break Free!

You can learn how to harness the power of self-love, self-confidence, and self-esteem, so that you can experience content, joy, and even ecstacy in your own life--with Lori's A Victim No More Online Course. You are worthy, you are free. Find out more:

"Thank you very much for your course, I just began it a week ago, but I've found it profound, inspiring, simple, beautiful and loving."
-Carmen Escobar, Bogota, Colombia

Newsletter

Stay informed on our latest news!



Lori Recommends

Lori has compiled a page of recommended reading and CD's to accelerate your healing process.

Visit now!



Gurze Books

Are you tired of being taken advantage of?

If you don't identify with the word "victim," then...

Are you frustrated about where your life is going or where you are at right now?

Are you tired of being so hard on yourself?

You have the power to start to take back control and set your own boundaries...today!

You are worthy of creating the life you desire!

If you've thought you're a failure--powerless over what is happening in your life... Order this book now!

Important Note:

I am not a psychiatrist, psychologist, or professional therapist. I am someone that had the actual experience of living life from the victim mindset and …better yet… I am now someone that has moved out of that mindset into a far more productive and healthy lifestyle!

Yes, I can offer first-hand practical knowledge as to how I, and thousands of others, have changed their lives for the better: and do my best to share this hard-earned wisdom on this website and in my book. However; I want to be clear here that:

The following information provided on this website is intended to supplement, not substitute for the expertise and judgment of your physician or healthcare professional.

 

We all have to do it.

Posted Thursday, April 16, 2009

Staying on course

Goals and intentions, we are wise to set them. They give us a destination to shoot for. We fuel them with hope, a positive mindset, and by drawing others to support us in realizing these dreams and visions, but it is up to us to make them happen by taking action and reassessing them as we go.

Fears and doubts. We all have them. They tend to be dream busters. How to tackle those fears and doubts and keep ourselves on track is important to be clear about. I recently heard an author talking about an interesting analogy in a television interview. I really resonated with it and wanted to quickly share it with you all.

In regard to growing and evolving as a person and staying on track to reaching our goals, wants, needs, and desires: he likened the journey to an airplane trip. He continued to explain that he had heard that an airplane is off course 90% of the time and that the pilot's job is to keep correcting and correcting to get it back on course. Hmmm… I thought. What am I getting down on myself for? Everybody, regardless of where they are on their path has to do this. That’s what I am doing all of the time in my own life. And, it’s really not such a difficult thing to do.

In fact, it doesn’t take rocket science to make sense out of this. It's our job to say no to the doubts and fears. To "feed our soul" and continuously seek to do what it takes to gain self-confidence, self-esteem, and inner peace. Be it reading books, taking courses, managing our stress through mindfulness, attending a group with like-minded optimistic people, taking our meds, getting enough rest, eating healthy, anything that assists us in leading happy and productive lives.

And so, give yourself a break. Everybody faces doubts and fears. And, we all are busy attempting to keep ourselves on track. As I shared in my book: "No more energy or effort is required to aim high in life-to create happiness, abundance, and health from life-than is required to accept misery, poverty, and emotional pain."
And, I sure am going to work on not being to tough on myself when I am a little off course now. How about you?
... [ continued ]

My new newsletter

Posted Wednesday, February 11, 2009

For those of you that haven't signed up for my newsletter...I am posting it here on the website. Enjoy!

Happy Valentines Day

It’s fuel up time. The whole world seems to focus on love every February 14th. Why not tap into that energy and take advantage of this gift. Love comes in many forms, and now more than ever, we need to be fueling up with —and working onself-loveThe energy of LOVE not only fuels our soul, but offers us a sense of hope in challenging times. Most of us all know that the more self-love that we envelope ourselves in —and fill up with—the more that we have to give others!

When we are able to give love to others, we are being of service, for the highest good of all. And, that action produces a "feel good, pick-me-up" feeling. There are many, many other rewards bestowed upon us when we share our gifts and love with others! So fill up and share true, never-ending, and terrifically fulfilling LOVE on this happy occasion.

Now, step out of the romantic connotation of the Valentines Holiday for a moment... and look at this energy also as an opportunity to be a special "love bringer" to this planet. We only get disappointed when we feel we aren't getting expectations met...and so instead of expecting so much OUT OF THE HOLIDAY...focus on what YOU CAN GIVE to someone else! It really is rewarding, you’ll see.

Feeding Your Soul once again

Learning is finding out what you already know.
Doing is demonstrating that you already know it.
Teaching is reminding others
that they know just as well as you.
You are all learners, doers, teachers.
--Richard Bach

In A Victim No More, I teach the importance of feeding the soul. And, one of the ways that I feed my soul is reading books that have messages that encourage me to focus on self-love. And, one of the ways that I express self-love to my self is 1.) By attracting positive energies into my life and 2.) By keeping a joyful and abundant mindset.

When I read materials from other light workers that are here to serve others, I absorb the love and peace that they are offering through their "reminders" in the form of words and hands-on exercises.

Simple and Quick Exercises

In my online course, I speak about the Spiral of Life. I have my students jot down any successes that they have had in their lives, on a moving spiral which appears on the screen. Many students are absolutely surprised at how quick they can fill the spiral up when they include the little successes as I recommend that they do by giving examples! Remember, everything counts.

*Important note: Yes, life is like a spiral. You will pass through every stage over and over again, experiencing life from a higher and higher perspective. Just because you are dealing with the same or similar challenge...doesn't mean that you haven't "gotten the lesson." It simply means that you are working on being a master of that particular lesson or challenge. Each time that you pass through the scene or scenario…you have the opportunity to take what you’ve learned and glide through in a more effortless manner. And, possibly in time, the lesson made fade away all together. (Let’s keep up that hope, when it’s the tougher more tedious challenges.)

And so, next time you find yourself in familiar territory with a challenge that you'd like to be done with, don't judge it negatively...simply thank it for all the gifts that it has to offer and work on uncovering that gift. Remember, once you’ve healed an issue, you never go back to where you were before!

Fear is generally the culprit of unease and unhappiness in these situations. One way to release your fear is to look at the situation and ask yourself: "What is the worst thing that can happen to me in this situation?" Write it down. Next, take each answer and again ask "What's the worst thing that can happen?" Keep going…As Sanaya Roman said about applying this exercise in her book "Creating Money"..."Eventually you'll come to your deepest fear. As you recognize it you can release it." And, we all know that there is a whole lot of personal power in awareness! Which, by the way, is another title to Sanaya's books: Personal Power Through Awareness. You can check out her work at www.orindaben.com.

Until next time…

I'd like to end with another suggestion: Keep love (and hope) alive and focus on positive news. Turn off all of that negative media news from your life, even if for only a few days, and you will see a huge shift in your energy. It’ll begin to get lighter and brighter. Remember, "garbage in, garbage out." Choose to take a few days off from all of the misery that the news is projecting out at you and believe me, you will feel your energy rising to new and pleasant heights!

It doesn't have to cost you anything either. You see, you can take the time instead, to listen to an inspiring piece of music, look up some great art on the internet, sign up for a free mini course, or immerse yourself in a book that you already have on your shelf, or one borrowed from a friend. Or, simply go out for a walk or a short meditation break. Enjoy, and breathe in the beautiful energy of love on your in breath and breathe it out ….blissfully into the world. You'll be adding love and light to this planet. And, it's needed now more than ever, my friend!

Blessings and peace,
Lori Rekowski

... [ continued ]

What an incredible journey!

Posted Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hi Everyone:

I am back from a phenomenal trip out west. I visited five national parks on this journey-of-a-lifetime and had so much fun driving a little convertible sports car up the gorgeous coast of California! I had set forth the intention to make that trip happen a year and a half ago and happen it did!

I also received a hands-on-healing while visiting Sedona, Arizona, (from one of my mentors) that was remarkably successful! My doctors were amazed when I returned and I was completely released from the Workmen's Comp program that I was in. The Post Concussive Syndrome symptoms were completely gone. I had been recovering slowly while been treated at a Brain Concussion Specialty Clinic for nearly five months. I am so grateful for all that I've learned from the experience, but even more so ...to be on the other side of it! I sincerely set forth an intention to find the lesson behind the whole experience and garnished some very valuable ones that I am writing about in my upcoming book.
... [ continued ]

The sleeping giant within us all...

Posted Friday, June 20, 2008

There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~Anaïs Nin

Which story have you bought into?

When you first began the process of awakening (also known as the path of enlightenment or empowerment) you tend to have an insatiable hunger to read books, articles, attend classes, etc. Why? Because there is a deep desire for every human being on this planet to wake up to the new consciousness that is now available to us. We want to get to know who it is that we really are, not the false reality that we bought into and for which has caused us so much pain. Once recognized, the process flames a burning desire within us to discover who we really are and what is underneath the facade that we've shown the world up until that point.
... [ continued ]

Spring Flowers

Posted Wednesday, May 9, 2007

It's a beautiful Spring day here in Minnesota ... and the lilacs, apple trees, and other beautiful bloosoms are reminding me why I love this time of the year so much. The scent of these blooms alone are a slice of heaven here on earth!

It's a reminder that even when life appears to be dull or over-taxing -and our ability to see the beauty that life is holding right underneathe the challenges that we are facing is blocked or limited -there is a new day coming and our gifts of bliss and joy are only hiding just under the surface...and ready to pop out to surprise us with a bright new sense of beauty and life! Life may not hand us bloosoms all year long, but we most certainly have surprises such as a thoughtful friend surprising you with a card or gift or a neighbor offering to help us carry our groceries...or maybe a store clerk being especially kind or thoughtful even when we weren't expecting it. Life is full of newness and beauty all year long and often takes us by surprise when it delivers us unexpected kindness or joy.
... [ continued ]

A personal note

Posted Saturday, January 27, 2007

Greetings,

Belated Holiday Wishes

I greeted everyone at Thanksgiving time and since the holidays get so overwhelming time wise...I decided to hold back on publishing my newsletter again until early March. If you haven't signed up to receive one, do so on the left side of this page now!

I do hope that you all had a special holiday season and are as excited as me about what this New Year can deliver to you in your personal and professional lives!

My daughter spent Christmas with me here in California and we started new traditions this year, rather than pressuring ourselves with living up to some of the more outdated stress inducing old ones. Not that some of my favorite memories aren't due to some precious family traditions! We just decided to get creative and make some special memories of our own.
... [ continued ]

"Would-a, Should-a, Could-a..."

Posted Friday, October 27, 2006

Do you ever do those "would-a, should-a, could-a's" to yourself? Part of releasing self-judgment is letting go of words (even if they are made up) like these ...and booting them out of your vocabulary all together!!! The cousin's to these aforementioned words are blame, shame, guilt, and let's throw in the word "mistake."

Blame is the opposite of learning to take responsibility. And, taking responsibility can simply mean learning to be able to respond.Response-able.And, once you learn that you can choose to respond from an optimistic viewpoint in life...you'll throw the word blame out into the old victim mindset junkyard once and for all!
... [ continued ]

Manifesting what we want.

Posted Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hi Everyone,

I hope that this finds you having a wonderful fall! Our trees have peaked here in Minnesota and it�s been a gorgeous autumn. It's one of my very favorite seasons of the year here in the Midwest. However; winter seems to be wanting to pay us a visit a little early this year, as I awoke this morning to snow flurries! Although, fresh fallen snow can be beautiful, I've grown to appreciate the sunny weather in California so much that I am very excited to be heading back to the warm weather and sunshine in a little over a week. Better yet: This year, I'll have the pleasure of traveling back and forth between the two states and enjoy the best of both worlds.
... [ continued ]

August News and recommendations

Posted Sunday, August 6, 2006

Hello, and thanks for checking back in.

Summer sure is flying by and the heat-wave(s) around the United States have been a bit draining on us all. I send my love, compassion, and healing to those families that lost loved ones as a result of that weather.

I am sure grateful that the one in the mid-west is lifting!! If you haven't seen the film "An Inconvenient Truth" yet, please check it out atwww.climatecrisis.net. I went to this movie while visiting a friend in California last month and I, like the rest of the audience, just sat in our seats at the end of the movie�not a word spoken (seriously there was a dead silence!) while taking in the shock of what we had just watched �and reading the information on the screen that gave us suggestions as to what we each could do in our daily lives to begin healing this planet. I hope that you all take the time to see this movie and that you tell your neices, nephews, children and/or grandchildren to see it as well! As you all know our youth have a big impact on our ever-changing planet just as much as we do.
... [ continued ]

Staying calm during life's storm

Posted Thursday, June 1, 2006

Greetings,

Well, it's been a month of major changes in my personal life with a move from California back to Minnesota. And if there is one constant that I can count on in my life: it would be CHANGE.Can you relate? Not only did I choose to move half way across the country; I also had an uncle pass over to the "other side," an aunt get in an auto accident, my brother-in-law's father also passed over, and then I had a brother that has had to be revived three times, and flown by helicopter to a specialty hospital the night of my uncle's wake. A majority of this crisis occurred in a matter of one single week, and that doesn't count other typical challenges that can arise while in a transitional period such as any move brings forth.

Now, how is it that in the midst of chaos and constant change, that so many of us are going through in our lives, can one maintain a peaceful balance, stay aligned with our highest path, and in the flow of life? ... [ continued ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

VOX POPULI...